Institute of Translation &
EFL Teacher. I am a
qualified English Language Teacher with a BA in English and Spanish. I
have over ten years of full-time EFL experience, including posts in
Poland, Egypt and Saudi Arabia. My current teaching post is at Nizwa
College of Applied Science in Oman.
I completed an MA
in Translation at the
University of Surrey
in Sept 2005 and have been working as a freelance translator
since then, first on a full-time basis for a year and now on a part-time
basis. I have done translation work for major UK translation companies
like Xerox Global Services and Wordbank, but I also take on work for
smaller UK agencies, translation agencies in Sweden and on the
Continent, and private clients. Most of the projects I have worked on to
date are to do with IT and the automotive industry. However, I have also
worked on projects in the fields of online gaming, health & nutrition,
fund companies and GPS devices.
Qualifications & Education
- Prize for Outstanding Dissertation
in MA in Translation 2004-2005. University of Surrey, UK.
- Speaking at Professional Short
Course for Translators at University of Surrey 19-23 June 2006.
Language and Power.
Recent Translation Jobs
- Manuals for motor mechanics issued
by major Japanese car maker (62,000 words)
- Website for major Japanese car
maker (22,500 words)
- Website for major internation car
rental company (45,000 words)
- Troubleshooting web pages for
printers & scanners (18,000 words)
- Troubleshooting manual for high-end
photocopier (8,000 words)
- User's manual for high-end
photocopier (14,000 words)
- User's manual for a chainsaw (5,600
- Policies & Procedures for US-based
MLM (9,000 words)
Proofreading & Checking
- Printers, Scanners and General IT
- Online poker website (26,000 words)
- Company Newsletters (13,000 words)
- Upselling Manual – IT (42,000
- Nutritional Supplements – Website
and DVD (25,000 words)
- Automotive (10,000 words)
EFL Work Experience
- 2006-present English Language
Teacher, Nizwa College of Applied Science, Oman.
- 2002-2004 English Language Teacher,
University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran,
- June 1996- Sept 2002 English Language Teacher,
International House, Cairo, Egypt (except for
Feb-Sept 1999, when I briefly worked in London).
- April 1995- June 1996 English Language Teacher,
International House, Wroclaw, Poland.